5 Common Causes of Deadly Car Accidents in Pennsylvania
One of the most common events that results in a wrongful death case is a fatal automobile accident. Auto accidents claim tens of thousands of lives every year, and many of these are the results of negligence. When a motorist chooses to drive recklessly, he or she is putting innocent individuals at risk of devastating injuries and even death.
If you or someone you know has lost a loved one because of a negligent driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation to pay for damages. While compensation cannot bring a loved one back, it can help give you financial stability after the accident. Contact a Pennsylvania wrongful death lawyer of Lowenthal & Abrams, P.C., today at 610-667-7511 and schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Five Causes of Fatal Auto Accidents
When individuals act negligently behind the wheel, they can potentially cause severe damage and even fatalities. Five of the most common causes of deadly car accidents include:
- Driving while intoxicated – in 2009, over 400 people died in accidents involving alcohol in Pennsylvania.
- Distracted driving – things such as eating or texting while driving is a frequent cause of fatal accidents.
- Fatigued driving – drowsy driving can lead to dangerous auto accidents due to motorists falling asleep at the wheel.
- Severe weather – accidents can occur when drivers fail to modify driving habits during severe weather like rain, ice, or snow.
- Reckless driving – running red lights and excessive speeding are two common examples of this negligent behavior.
Motorists must be careful and conscientious while on the road so that they do not endanger cyclists, pedestrians, and other drivers.
If someone you love has been killed due to a dangerous driver, let us help you during this difficult time. Contact a knowledgeable Pennsylvania wrongful death attorney of Lowenthal & Abrams, P.C., today at 610-667-7511 for more information regarding your legal rights.