Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys
The number of medical mistakes in the Philadelphia area is staggering. In 2014, numerous hospitals were fined due to patient injuries. And yet, the number of claims filed by Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers each year is actually quite low. During the same year when so many hospitals were fined, there were only 382 cases filed in Philadelphia and 1560 medical malpractice lawsuits throughout the entire Commonwealth. Each year, our attorneys fight on behalf of victims of malpractice. Contact us to learn more.
The Numbers are Terrifying
Statistics show that between 210,000 and 440,000 people die each year due to preventable mistakes in hospitals. These numbers do not count the errors made in doctors offices, by radiologists, at out-patient clinics and so on. Given the number of doctors, nurses and hospitals in the Philadelphia area, it is fair to assume that those who live here are at risk to suffer debilitating or life ending errors at the hands of careless medical professionals.
How We Can Help
Every day, Lowenthal & Abrams hears from people like you who are victims of serious medical errors. These people are calling because they or their loved ones have been injured or killed, the bills are piling up and they aren’t sure what to do. At L&A, we have been representing victims of medical negligence for over 40 years. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Philadelphia fight to get every client the right settlement. And if the insurance company won’t offer the appropriate compensation, we take our clients’ cases to court. Insurance companies know this. It matters.
You Need Experienced Fighters
Medical malpractice cases are not easy. You want to make sure you have a top quality team legal behind you. L&A has:
- Successfully tried and settled numerous medical negligence cases in Philadelphia.
- A team which includes an attorney who is medical doctor and an lawyer who is a nurse.
- Obtained a birth injury result in excess of 11 million dollars.
- Won numerous substantial verdicts for our clients.
- A Senior Litigator, Dennis Abrams, who has been repeatedly recognized as a SuperLawyer and in MainLine Today for his experience as a medical malpractice lawyer.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical negligence is not just a simple mistake. Surgery is risky and if a normal complication results, that is not malpractice. Sometimes a patient is simply too ill to help, and again, that is not malpractice. In order to show that you have a valid claim, a medical malpractice lawyer in Philadelphia has to start by proving three things:
- The doctor, hospital or medical professional failed to provide the appropriate standard of care.
- The patient was injured.
- The injury is a direct result of the failure to use the appropriate standard of care.
What is standard of care? Dennis Abrams explains.
Contact Us, Today
Contact us for help, today.