When someone is injured or becomes disabled due to a medical condition, Social Security Disability benefits are absolutely essential in order to continue a reasonable standard of living. Unfortunately, the percentage of people who are denied benefits each year is very high. That is why it is essential for you to make sure your application for Social Security disability benefits is as strong as possible.
When you are applying for SSDI benefits, keep the following tips in mind:
- A doctor must diagnose you with a medical problem
- You must treat with a doctor
- Include detailed evidence and documentation of your medication treatment
- If you are still under a doctor’s care, keep sending in additional medical records
- Monitor the progress of your case
- Treat everyone with courtesy. Getting upset won’t help and could cause delays
- Have all doctors complete the Residual Functional Capacity form and submit it to Social Security
- Keep written track of your life and how it is affected by your health problems
- If you are denied, appeal immediately
If you need help completing your social security disability application, contact the SSDI attorneys at Lowenthal & Abrams. We can help you make sure you complete the application correctly the first time. It is very difficult, when you are ill, to gather all of the information you will need. Feel free to call our Philadelphia SSDI lawyers at 800-876-5299.