The Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York attorneys of Lowenthal & Abrams answer questions about our practice areas in these videos of frequently asked questions. Here you will find useful information to questions our clients and those seeking attorneys often ask when they are seeking to retain a lawyer. For more about our lawyers please see their biography pages. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, or require assistance with workers’ compensation or Social Security Disability benefits, please contact us for a free consultation.
- What Can I Do to Minimize my Risk?
- Will I Need to Go to Court?
- Does Free Mean Free?
- Does Signing a Consent Form Mean I’ve Waived My Right to Sue?
- Alteration of Medical Records?
- Why Do We Sue?
- Who Can We Sue?
- What is the Statute of Limitations?
- What is Standard of Care?
- Different for Children?
- What is Medical Malpractice?
- Are there Frivolous Suits?
Nursing Home Abuse
- How Do I Know if I have a Nursing Home Neglect Case?
- What are Some Common Causes of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse?
- How Do Falls Happen in Nursing Homes?
- Report Nursing Home Abuse
- Who is Harmed by Nursing Home Abuse?
- What Laws Protect Residents of Nursing Homes?
- Do I Need a Lawyer in Workers Compensation Cases?
- Initial Consultation Fee for Workers Compensation?
- Should I Ask for a Written Accident Report?
- Can I Sue My Employer if I am Hurt at Work?
- When Should I Report My Injury?
- How Soon Should I Go to a Doctor for Medical Treatment?
- Keep Paperwork?
- Should I Talk to a Claims Adjuster?
- Do I have to Go to the Employer’s Doctor?
- Can I See My Own Doctor After My Employer’s Doctor Releases Me?
- What is a Nurse Case Manager? Must I Let Her Come to My Appointments?
- How Long Can I Get Workers Compensation?
- Do I Have to Go Back to Work When I am Told To?
- What do I do if my Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?
- Can I Be Fired?
- If I am Fired Can I Still Collect Workers Compensation ?
- Do I have to go to the Independent Medical Examination?
- What is an IME?
- Should I Bring my Records to the IME?
- Should I Apply for Short-Term Disability or Unemployment Compensation?
- Workers Compensation v. Unemployment Compensation?
- Can I Collect Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Compensation at the Same Time?
- Can My Employer Drop My Health Insurance After I Leave My Job?
Social Security Disability
If you have been injured due to the actions of another through medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or another form of personal injury, or if you require assistance obtaining benefits for a workplace injury or through social security, please contact the lawyers of Lowenthal & Abrams for a free consultation today. There is no fee unless you are compensated.