Philadelphia Breast Cancer Lawsuit
Philadelphia – Harrisburg – Wilkes-Barre – Pittsburgh – Erie – Pennsylvania – New Jersey – New York
The single most important factor in surviving breast cancer is early diagnosis and treatment. The failure to diagnose breast cancer can result in a decreased chance of survival or lead to a mastectomy that would not have been necessary. In 2013, almost 300,000 new cases of breast cancer were found in American women. Almost 40,000 women died of breast cancer. And yet, misdiagnosis of breast cancer remains a serious problem.
If you believe that failure to diagnose your breast cancer lead to a much more serious case, contact Lowenthal & Abrams, Injury Attorneys. We will help you determine if the delayed diagnosis of your cancer lead to a worsening of your disease.
Common Breast Cancer Symptoms
There are a number of symptoms you should watch out for when it comes to breast cancer.
- Breast lump or lump in the armpit
- Pain or tenderness in the breast
- The size or shape of your breast changes
- Unusual nipple discharge
- Appearance in the skin of your breast, nipple or areola changes
Signs of a more advanced case of breast cancer include:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Arm swelling
- Bone pain
- Skin ulcers
What Causes a Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis?
Why might a doctor fail to diagnose breast cancer? There are a number of reasons.
- Not listening when a woman describes her symptoms
- Failure to perform a proper exam
- Not ordering appropriate tests (mammogram)
- Misreading the mammogram
- Not ordering a biopsy
- Misdiagnosing a tumor as an infection
- Not recognizing a lump when performing an exam
- Fails to understand your specific risks and test accordingly
- Not following up with the tests or the patient
If you believe your doctor is not taking your breast cancer symptoms seriously, please, get a second opinion. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Follow up on your own tests to make certain you have the information you need. It is crucial that you get it diagnosed as quickly as possible so you can have proper treatment.
Did Your Doctor Fail to Diagnose Your Breast Cancer?
If you received a breast cancer misdiagnosis, or if you lost a loved one due to a failure to diagnose breast cancer, please, contact our breast cancer lawsuit attorneys in Pennsylvania. We will discuss what happened with you and help you determine if you have a case. There is no charge for the call and no fee unless you and your family are compensated for your harm.